The Terrapure Community Liaison Committee (CLC) was established to engage with and create open lines of communication with community members interested in the SCRF. The committee is comprised of citizen members from the local community surrounding the facility, representatives of Terrapure, the City of Hamilton and the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks (MECP).
The specific mandate of the CLC and the means through which it is to be fulfilled can be found in the official Terms of Reference for the CLC, as outlined in the facility’s Environmental Compliance Approval. The committee receives updates on a quarterly basis to discuss operational and other issues related to the Stoney Creek Regional Facility (SCRF). Any committee member can call a CLC meeting to discuss an issue.
If you live within 1.5k of the Stoney Creek Regional Facility (Terrapure non-hazardous ICI landfill), you can apply to be a member of the Community Liaison Committee. Call Kim 905 548-5870
Current CLC Members
- Sarah Solter, Community Representative
- Mary Chedumbarum-Ramasamy, Community Representative
- Cam Galindo, Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board
- Vince Ramelli, Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board
- Maria Pearson, Councillor, City of Hamilton, Ward 10
- Brad Clark, Councillor, City of Hamilton, Ward 9
- Lorenzo Alfano, Regional Operations Manager, Terrapure Environmental
- Stephen Burt, District Manager, Hamilton District Office, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks