As of September 22, 2021 at 12:01 am, Ontario residents will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, along with proof of identification to access certain businesses.
Higher-risk public settings where proof of vaccination is required:
- Indoor areas of restaurants, bars, and other food and drink establishments without dance facilities (including dine-in indoor food courts, breweries, wineries)
- Indoor and outdoor areas of food or drink establishments with dance facilities, including nightclubs and restaurants, clubs and other similar establishments
- Indoor areas of meeting and event spaces (including banquet halls, conference and convention centres)
- Indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities, including waterparks, and personal physical fitness training with limited exemptions
- Includes gyms, fitness/sporting/recreational facilities, pools, leagues, sporting events, waterparks, and indoor areas of facilities where spectators watch events
- Indoor areas of casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments
- Indoor areas of concert venues, theatres, and cinemas
- Indoor areas of bathhouses, sex clubs and strip clubs
- Indoor areas of horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues
- Indoor areas where commercial film and TV productions take place with studio audiences.
All other public health measures remain in effect such as masking, capacity limits, screening, physical distancing and contact tracing, as required.
For further information, please review the city’s web page. https://www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/proof-vaccination