Hamilton’s COVID-19 vaccination program expansion includes licensed child care workers
HAMILTON, ON – April 27, 2021 – The Hamilton healthcare partners continue to make progress in vaccinating members of the community who fall into Phases 1 & 2 of the Province’s COVID-19 Vaccination Framework. We are pleased to announce that to date, we have administered approximately 180,169 doses of COVD-19 vaccine – with 32.2% of eligible Hamiltonians receiving a vaccine to date.
In alignment with Provincial direction, effective Thursday, April 29, 2021, child care workers in licensed child care settings will be eligible to book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination. In the coming weeks, eligibility will be expanded to child care workers in unlicensed child care settings across the province.
Booking an appointment
Appointments can be booked by calling the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line number at 1-833-943-3900. Eligible workers in licensed child care settings will receive a letter from their employer. This letter must be available at the point of booking and taken to the vaccination appointment.
Appointment availability through Hamilton’s large-scale clinics is limited at this time. More appointments will be available in the system early next week.
Public Health recommends that everyone who is eligible gets the first vaccine that is available to them. We need to work together to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community, to reserve healthcare and hospital capacity and to protect vulnerable populations.
- Vaccine administration rates may differ based on local context.
- Second doses for the COVID-19 vaccine have been extended to a 16-week interval by the Provincial Government.
- Information regarding registration, booking, and sequencing will be available on the COVID-19 Vaccines section of the City’s website at www.hamilton.ca/COVIDvaccines.
- Vaccination phasing and sequencing will continue to be released for additional categories as per the direction of the provincial government.
- All vaccination planning is based on and contingent on available COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- It is vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, ensure that public health measures still be practiced until it is safe and said to be safe by the health professionals in all levels of government. Public health measures include:
- stay home if you are feeling unwell
- get tested for COVID-19 if you have symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19
- limit gatherings to only members of your immediate household
- maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet or 2 meters from others outside of your immediate household
- wear a mask or face covering indoors and outdoors when not able to maintain physical distancing
- wash hands frequently
- Read more about Ontario’s COVID vaccination program.