Heritage Green Community Sports Park is located at 355 First Road West in Ward 9. The 32.57 hectare (80.5 acre) master planned sports park includes a number of high-quality soccer fields and ball diamonds. Park amenities include: 2 baseball diamonds, 4 natural and 1 artificial turf soccer pitches, a playground, spray pad, field house, walking pathways, multiple gravel parking lots. The park is also located next to the Heritage Green Community Trust dog park and walkways.
Over the past two decades, this park has undergone master plan consultation to create the current framework for the multi-phased implementation process.
In 2020, phase 7 of the master plan implementation will occur. The existing driveway and walkways will be extended to the intersection of Echovalley Drive and Stockbridge Gardens and will include:
- Installation of a 6m wide gravel driveway from the existing driveway, south to Echovalley Drive.
- Install a 3m wide screening pathway, connecting to the sidewalk at Echovalley Drive
- Add a paved driveway entrance at Echovalley Drive
- Add an access gate at the new entrance
- Relocation of one park light pole along the existing driveway
- Relocation of existing armour stones as required
- Restoration seeding
- Summer 2020 – Construction start anticipated July-August
- Spring 2020 – Project to be tendered in April-May
- 2019 – Detailed design using approved Master Plan as framework