HAMILTON, ON – Construction is now complete at Valley Park Community Centre, with staff ready to welcome residents back to the newly renovated facility. To mark the occasion, free drop-in open swim and gym programming will be offered between May 4 to 7, 2022. Regular drop-in swim and gym programs are set to begin on May 9, 2022, with a gradual return to full programming anticipated in the fall.
Since closing its doors for renovations in July 2019, the City has invested approximately $14M into the Valley Park Community Centre project.
Improvements at Valley Park Community Centre include:
- Expanded recreation programming space
- New reception desk and common areas
- Roofing replacement
- Exterior cladding and block repair
- Pool boiler, pumps and water heater
- Barrier-free washrooms
- Painting of pool area ceiling
- Arena dehumidifier
- HVAC replacement
- Building automation and security systems
- Parking lot resurfacing
A grand re-opening of the facility is anticipated for July 2022.
- Valley Park Community Centre first opened its doors in 1982, with the last renovation occurring in 1990 to create the addition of the arena and aquatics complex to the existing recreation centre and library facilities.
- Valley Park Community Centre’s recreation facility space is approximately 1290 square metres.
- Facility amenities include: on-site parking, free Wi-Fi, automatic doors, service counter, accessible washrooms, warm teaching pool, accessible pool access (ramp), viewing areas, lockers, activity rooms, change tables, gym and universal change rooms.
“Staff are looking forward to welcoming back residents to Valley Park Community Centre. As one of the busiest recreation centres in Hamilton, we know how much these new renovations will benefit the health and wellness of the community for years to come.”
– Chris Herstek, Director, Recreation